When designing a wood-framed floor system for residential projects, building to meet the applicable codes is only one step in the design process.
Vancouver, B.C., bans doorknobs in building code update
Switch to lever handles among changes geared toward those aging in place
The goal of making it easier for people to age in place led to amendments to Vancouver, B.C.’s building code including banning doorknobs in favor of lever handles. There are also changes to how counters and sinks are built, wider doorways and hallways, and raised electrical outlets.
Comments on: "Vancouver, B.C., bans doorknobs in building code update"
More like this
- Door knob code revisions generating controversy
- Wood shake roof ban in Calif. county withdrawn for more study
- Tennessee revamps workers’ comp system
- New Tres Chic Powder Room Collection from ShowHouse by Moen Is All About Glamour
- Cedar-shake shingles prohibited in Hailey, Idaho, to stop spread of wildfires