USGBC, UL team up to boost building product transparency
Environmental Product Declaration initiative will quantify environmental impacts
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) have formed a strategic partnership centered on building product transparency and occupant health and safety. The partners will roll out several targeted initiatives focused on increasing disclosure, awareness and transparency of building product composition and the manufacturing processes. The first initiative is the creation of a joint Environmental Product Declaration (EPD). EPDs are a standardized way of quantifying the environmental impact of a product or system.
Comments on: "USGBC, UL team up to boost building product transparency"
More like this
- WDMA launches project to create ISO-compliant architectural doors
- USGBC begins official update process for 2008 version of LEED for Homes
- USGBC marks 50,000 LEED-certified housing units
- Industry groups agree to streamline green building tool coordination and development
- Three trends shaping the green construction industry