United Association, NRDC seek major plumbing code changes
Coalition pushing insulation for all hot water piping systems in 2015 code updates
The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipefitting Industry (UA) and the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) have jointly submitted a proposal to the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) to require the insulation of hot water piping in new buildings. The measure is geared to stop the waste of millions of gallons of water by users who let water run until it gets hot enough for showering, hand washing, and washing dishes. NRDC and the UA propose that the 2015 edition of IAPMO’s Uniform Plumbing Code require insulation of all hot water piping systems.
Comments on: "United Association, NRDC seek major plumbing code changes"
More like this
- Proposed new residential energy code would boost efficiency by 20 percent
- Precast concrete duplex in Edmonton, Alberta achieves net zero
- British Columbia’s new building code aims for improved energy efficiency
- California imposes stringent new water standards
- WDMA receives final approval on code amendments