“Breakthrough means change, a dynamic, decisive movement to new, higher levels of performance……..Breakthrough is, then, the creation of good (or at least, necessary) changes, whereas control is the
Trulia: Home prices, rents rise again in August
For the seventh straight month, asking prices on for-sale homes showed an increase in August, rising 2.3 percent year-over-year according to the Trulia Price Monitor.
For the seventh straight month, asking prices on for-sale homes showed an increase in August, rising 2.3 percent year-over-year according to the Trulia Price Monitor. Excluding foreclosures, prices were up 3.8 percent.
On a regional basis, Trulia reported the price of for-sale homes increased in 68 of the nation’s 100 largest metros, headed by Phoenix; prices there were up 24.2 percent from last August. The greatest change was seen in Tucson, Ariz., and Las Vegas, both of which showed gains in August despite posting price drops in the previous quarter.
The top 10 include:
- Phoenix — 24.2 percent
- Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla. — 16.5 percent
- Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills, Mich. — 10.4 percent
- West Palm Beach, Fla. — 10.4 percent
- Tucson, Ariz. — 9.9 percent
- Miami — 9.6 percent
- Denver — 8.9 percent
- San Jose, Calif. — 8.6 percent
- Orlando, Fla. — 8.6 percent
- Las Vegas — 6.9 percent
While rents rose more than twice as much as home prices at 4.7 percent, this is down from May’s rate of 5.8 percent. Year-over-year, Houston was first on the list with an 11.2 percent jump; Seattle was close behind at 10.4 percent.
The full top 10 includes:
- Houston — 11.2 percent
- Seattle — 10.4 percent
- Denver — 9.9 percent
- San Francisco — 9.7 percent
- Miami — 9.7 percent
- Oakland, Calif. — 9.7 percent
- Boston — 8.7 percent
- Philadelphia — 8.6 percent
- Portland, Ore.-Wash. — 7.5 percent
- New York, N.Y.-N.J. — 6.6 percent
To read the full Trulia report, click here.
Comments on: "Trulia: Home prices, rents rise again in August"
More like this
- Trulia report: Asking prices flatten in May, up for the quarter
- Trulia: Asking prices rising, but construction remains low
- 10 metro areas with the largest April home price increases
- Florida boasts six of top 10 metro areas with greatest home price increase
- Pending home sales jump 10.3 percent in October