The Home Depot is dedicated year-round to providing builders, remodelers and other contractors with a customized shopping experience that helps them save time and money.
Treasury Department unveils new programs for homeowners
Supporters believe programs could lead to loosened mortgage credit; others believe little will change
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew announced new programs June 26 to aid struggling homeowners. The announcement came as many modifications made under the Home Affordable Modification Program were set to expire. A Treasury official said banks will likely loosen mortgage credit because regulators are easing their concerns about having to repurchase defaulted loans. One analyst said, however, that the new policies are unlikely to be game-changers for the mortgage market.
Comments on: "Treasury Department unveils new programs for homeowners "
More like this
- BofA To Start Reducing Mortgage Principal
- Treasury's 'Making Home Affordable' Mortgage Plan Aids Just 7 Percent of Borrowers
- Federal housing scorecard: Housing market recovery still fragile
- State Housing Finance Authorities Resuming Lending, Up To 100% Financing
- Federal mortgage loan program may fall short of goal