A key factor of insulation system performance is the installation.
Sun Number tool analyzes viability of solar power for millions of homes
The new technology uses 3D snapshots to measure how much sunlight a building receives.
Sun Number, a Minnesota start-up company, is using massive databases and web-based tools to help homeowners and solar panel installers determine whether millions of U.S. buildings get enough sun to make rooftop solar power worthwhile. The technology relies on aerial mapping known as Lidar that takes a three-dimensional snapshot of the landscape, accurately depicting tree and building heights, roof angles, and other features. Sun Number has rated the solar potential for 7.5 million properties in eight metropolitan regions.
Comments on: "Sun Number tool analyzes viability of solar power for millions of homes"
More like this
- Incentives, leasing policies driving PV installations in New York
- Google, SunPower to create $250 million fund to finance residential solar projects
- UNLV students constructing house powered entirely by the sun
- USGBC introduces new online educational platform
- The race is on to create the World's Greenest Building