The Home Depot is dedicated year-round to providing builders, remodelers and other contractors with a customized shopping experience that helps them save time and money.
Senate committee struggles to reach agreement on replacing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
Disagreements arise over regulatory powers and lending in disadvantaged communities, among other issues.
An initiative to dismantle and replace Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the Senate Banking Committee has stalled. Democrats on the 22-member Senate Banking Committee are divided on issues including lending in disadvantaged communities, big-bank dominance of the mortgage market and the powers of a new regulator.
Comments on: "Senate committee struggles to reach agreement on replacing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac "
More like this
- Senate banking committee leaders reach agreement on plan to abolish Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Higher Subsidies For Wealthiest Buyers
- Path to fix Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac unclear as Senate Democrats can’t reach consensus
- Payroll tax cut passes; paid for with additional fees for Freddie and Fannie mortgages
- House votes down payroll tax extension; no additional Fannie & Freddie fees for now