The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently released its full year ranked data on job growth in metropolitan areas nationwide, as reported by New Geography . 51 regions—all sporting populations of 1 million people or higher—were included on the 2011 list. Cities were ranked based on the percent of increase in jobs between 2010 and 2011. Below are the top five:
1. Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, Texas (2.85 percent)
2. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif. (2.69 percent)
3. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas (2.57 percent)
4. Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, N.C.-S.C. (2.38 percent)
5. Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro-Franklin, Tenn. (2.37 percent)
To see the rest of the list, click here .