Brinton Haymore, of Haymore Contractors in Woodstock, Ga., always used brick on the houses he built. He decided to try something new and different, and selected Nichiha's Sierra Premium™ Shake, an innovative specialty product representing the latest in fiber cement technology, to differentiate both himself and the house.
BridgeMill Subdivision - Woodstock, GA
The timing was perfect. He was getting ready to build a 4,000 square foot home in the luxurious BridgeMill neighborhood, northwest of Atlanta, when he received a fax from Nichiha regarding the fiber cement shake product. He called Nichiha representative Frank Nordel, looked at another home in the Atlanta area that used the cedar shake, and was sold on the product.
"Quality is the most important issue for me when building a home," said Haymore. "Nichiha's product offered the quality I wanted, as well as an attractive price for an alternative to real cedar." Haymore quickly secured and received Nichiha's fiber cement shake through his regular supplier. The installation time was minimal, using his installer who had already installed Nichiha's product on another house.
"It cuts extremely well and is thick - 1/2" thick," said Haymore. "We used the product on three sides and painted it Nantucket gray, which has some green hues. It looks great and has a Cape Cod feel to it."
Haymore Contractors' homes are in the $400,000 to $1 million range, and he is considering using Nichiha's fiber cement shake product on other homes, including those million dollar homes.
"Builders who build in the 'platinum section' (high-end homes, upwards to $1 million plus) are always looking for ways of differentiating themselves," said Haymore. "Using Nichiha's Sierra Premium™ Shake allows us to offer an innovative, quality product that is good for the builder and homeowner. People are happy with what they see."
Nichiha's fiber cement shake is 1/2-inch thick and eight feet long for a durable, rot-resistant, termite-resistant and low-maintenance shake product. Factory sealed on all sides, the fiber cement shake allows less water penetration than other shake products. The shake overlaps and is blind nailed for a tight fit and can be installed easily with a nail gun and compressor.
Sierra Premium™ Shake
Haymore Contractors, a 22-year old family business based in Woodstock, Ga., builds homes in the northern metropolitan Atlanta area.
Nichiha USA, based in Atlanta, GA, is a subsidiary of Nichiha and the Sumitomo Corporation, and markets the Nichiha line of fiber cement products in the US and Canada. Nichiha is a technologically advanced worldwide fiber cement company driven by innovation with over $700 million in annual revenue. Nichiha operates three production facilities, all ISO 9001 certified, with an annual production of over 500 million square feet of fiber cement products.
For more information on Nichiha Fiber Cement Products, visit our web site at www.NICHIHA.com or call or write:
Nichiha USA, Inc.
2625 Cumberland Parkway, Suite 450
Atlanta, GA 30339
Toll Free: 1-86 NICHIHA 1 [1-866-424-4421]
- Nichiha USA, Inc. - Company Background
- The Next Generation Of Fiber Cement Products From Nichiha, USA
- Nichiha USA Introduces Three New Profiles At IBS 2003
- The Traditional Beauty Of Brick
- Sierra Premium™ Shake Provides Premium Cover for Luxury Beach Home
- Nichiha Vintage Brick Fiber Cement Panels Accent Torrey Homes' Townhomes
- Nichiha Brick and Stone Fiber Cement Siding Panels Transform The Preserve Subdivision
- Nichiha Brick and Stone Fiber Cement Panels Are Easy To Install
- The Warmth And Charm Of Sierra Premium™ Shakes From Nichiha
- Sierra Premium™ Shakes Install Quickly and Easily
- The Elegance Of Stone - Fiber Cement Siding From Nichiha
- Nichiha Offers Installation Video and Quick Installation Guide For Brick and Stone Fiber Cement Panels
- Easy Access AIS Specifications for Brick and Stone Fiber Cement Panels from Nichiha
- Easy Access AIS Specifications for Sierra Premium™ Shake from Nichiha