From jet engines to power generation, from financial services to plastics, and from medical imaging to news and information, GE people worldwide are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services.
In 2002, GE created one of its newest businesses, Consumer Products, by combining two of its oldest, Lighting and Appliances. With nearly two centuries of brand leadership and product innovation between them, the combined $8.5 billion enterprise is accelerating its industry leadership by becoming more efficient and competitive across all product lines.
Integration savings projected to total nearly $50 million are being reinvested in technology development. Funding for new products is increasing by nearly 25% across both operations, with 100 product launches for 2003. They include speed-cooking ovens, washers that talk to dryers, and energy-efficient lighting products.
The new Consumer Products -- rich with a legacy of product and service innovation, and resonant with the combined strengths of its operations -- faces the future more focused than ever on extending its competitive leadership.
Below are some of the GE products, designed with quality for the consumer, available in the Genesis Show Home.
21.9-cubic-foot stainless side-by-side refrigerator with dispenser
- Stainless steel -- Conveys a look of utmost polish and sophistication
- Upfront, electronic touch temperature controls -- Extremely precise and easy to use
- Adjustable slide-out, spill-proof glass shelves -- Shelves slide out, spills stay put
- Tall LightTouch! dispenser -- Provides chilled water, cubed ice or crushed ice at the slightest touch
- GE SmartWater(tm) Plus filtration system -- Delivers clean, great-tasting water and ice through the LightTouch! dispenser with indicator light
- Child lock -- Keeps the LightTouch! water/ice dispenser off limits to little hands
- Adjustable-humidity vegetable/fruit crisper -- Provides ideal storage environment for fruits and vegetables
GE Profile 30-inch slide-in electric range
- Precise Air(tm) convection system -- Delivers even air and heat circulation for superior baking and roasting results
- Convection bake (multirack) -- Provides ideal convection baking for multiple racks of food, ensuring superb results
- Convection roast -- Provides even cooking and consistent results, roasting meats up to 25% faster than a conventional oven
- Self-clean oven -- Conveniently cleans the oven cavity without the need for scrubbing
- Glass touch controls -- Features the smooth glass design that is easy to operate and easy to clean
- Bridge element -- Combines three cooktop elements into one large cooking area ideal for oversize cooking pans
- Dual-size ribbon element -- Offers a convenient choice of using a 6-inch or 9-inch heating element, depending on the size of the pan.
GE Profile 2.1-cubic-foot, 1,200-watt microwave oven
- Sensor controls -- Automatically adjust time and power for perfect cooking results
- Auto/ time defrost -- Automatically defrosts for a specified amount of time
- Turntable -- Continually rotates food to ensure even cooking
- Full one-year product, limited 10-year magnetron warranties