“Breakthrough means change, a dynamic, decisive movement to new, higher levels of performance……..Breakthrough is, then, the creation of good (or at least, necessary) changes, whereas control is the
Ore. home may be the greenest ever built
Builder and architect are targeting three major green building performance standards
A net-zero home in the wine country southwest of Portland, Ore., is the subject of an attempt to become the first in the world to earn a trio of green building performance standards – PHIUS+ Passive House, Minergie-P-Eco, and LEED for Homes Platinum. Builder Hammer & Hand, which worked with the firm Holst Architecture on the project, says that Karuna House had earned 101.5 LEED points, far outdistancing the 80 that it needed for Platinum certification.
Comments on: "Ore. home may be the greenest ever built"
More like this
- The race is on to create the World's Greenest Building
- San Francisco, D.C. top Redfin’s ranking of cities with greenest homes
- LEED V4 includes controversial cradle-to-cradle materials provision
- USGBC begins official update process for 2008 version of LEED for Homes
- Three trends shaping the green construction industry