Last year, nearly 30 percent of new homes in the U.S. had partial or full basements, according to the Census Bureau’s Survey of Construction.
NAHB reaffirms support for mortgage interest deduction
The National Association of Home Builders recently unveiled point-by-point defense of the mortgage interest income tax deduction.
The National Association of Home Builders recently unveiled point-by-point defense of the mortgage interest income tax deduction. NAHB refutes 10 claims of those who support eliminating the deduction. “Almost all studies examining the elimination of the mortgage interest deduction find that it would reduce demand for housing by raising taxes on prospective home buyers,” the association says.
Comments on: "NAHB reaffirms support for mortgage interest deduction"
More like this
- NAHB poll: Majority of voters back politicians who support homeownership policies
- Prescott, Ariz. reaffirms controversial sprinkler requirement in new code
- Majority of Americans oppose elimination of mortgage deduction
- NAHB economist asks Congress for more favorable regulatory climate to keep industry healthy
- NAHB sees challenge to mortgage-interest deduction ahead