When designing a wood-framed floor system for residential projects, building to meet the applicable codes is only one step in the design process.
Minnesota County wants to opt out of state building code
Residents want to reduce taxes, rules, and regulations
Mille Lacs County, Minn., commissioners want to opt out of the state building code. In 2008, the state passed a law prohibiting counties that had adopted the state building code to opt out of it, but many residents spoke “loud and clear” that they want the county to reduce its taxes, rules and regulations, a commissioner said.
Comments on: "Minnesota County wants to opt out of state building code"
More like this
- NARI supports Senate EPA Lead Rule Reform bill
- North Carolina residents living in flood zones face insurance rate hikes
- San Diego County moves toward developing greener building codes
- Wisconsin Amish resist smoke detector regulations
- Marin County, Calif., moves to speed up approvals on sustainable construction projects