Incentives, leasing policies driving PV installations in New York
State went from seventh to fifth overall in number of solar jobs in 2013
The NY-Sun Initiative that provides $800 million in incentives, as well as policies that encourage people to lease solar energy systems from third parties, are driving growth of solar energy in New York. The number of solar-power installations on residential and commercial facilities grew nationwide in 2013 and soared at a faster-than-average rate in New York. The state jumped from seventh to fifth overall in the number of solar jobs, with about 5,000 workers.
Comments on: "Incentives, leasing policies driving PV installations in New York"
More like this
- Solar energy industry aims to make solar power more affordable for homeowners
- New solar energy index reveals "roller coaster" effect
- Builders make net-zero homes for the mass market
- Oakwood Homes, Solar City partner on no-cost PVs for homebuyers
- Two years for rooftop solar cost to be on par with coal, oil