Home builders may need to accommodate increased demand for smart home systems
As demand increases, responsibility for installation remains unclear.
Nest, the high-end home environment controller company recently bought by Google, has acquired Dropcam, a cloud-based home monitoring service, an indication that home control systems are getting more sophisticated and more appealing to consumers. Electronics manufacturers continue to roll out new smart home devices and functionality. It’s unclear whether builders or post-construction technology contractors will be the most popular choice for installing and customizing integrated home control technology.
Comments on: "Home builders may need to accommodate increased demand for smart home systems"
More like this
- Google moves to advance new standard for home device networks
- Storms like Sandy highlight the need for stricter codes, says insurance expert
- Elmhurst, Ill., expected to limit non-absorbing surfaces in new construction
- Megaupload case shows danger of 'cloud'
- Rheem Unveils new Comfort Control 2 system for HVAC Contractors