When designing a wood-framed floor system for residential projects, building to meet the applicable codes is only one step in the design process.
Green mortgages can save homeowners money
Larger loan amounts cover a variety of energy-saving improvements such as geothermal heating and cooling, solar panels, and tankless water heaters.
“Green” mortgages can help homeowners rein in energy costs and realize long-term savings. They are available for larger loan amounts that cover energy improvements such as geothermal heating and cooling, solar panels, and tankless water heaters, although recapturing the savings from the energy improvements may take several years. To apply for a green mortgage, homeowners need to have an energy rating report prepared by a trained examiner who will give the home a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) index score.
Comments on: "Green mortgages can save homeowners money"
More like this
- Use natural light, earth-friendly materials when designing green home
- Noritz America Corporation Models Receive Energy Star Rating
- Twenty Models from Noritz America Corporation Receive Energy Star Rating
- KB Home unveils LEED Platinum residential development in L.A.
- Noritz Sports the Largest Swath of Energy Star Models