ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover challenged Veridian Homes (of Madison WI) in 2008 to build a home for a family in need. The home builder’s quality management practices and innovation culture were the
FEMA subsidies used to raise homes in flood zones
Federal aid is being used to give homes in flood hazard zones a lift.
Federal aid is being used to give homes in flood hazard zones a lift. The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program has given coastal Gloucester County, Va., $11.8 million to raise 60 homes; 59 other homes and businesses are in the pipeline for similar aid. The county also offers residents an outright buyout, but only 17 families and one business have gone that route.
Comments on: "FEMA subsidies used to raise homes in flood zones"
More like this
- Mass. congressmen ask FEMA to slow flood zone map requirements
- Land Acquisition and Development Finance Part 3
- Architect Robert McGraw to rebuild Rosalind Russell's home, lost in fire
- North Carolina residents living in flood zones face insurance rate hikes
- NAHB releases third edition of Jobsite Safety Handbook