This link will take you to the Pence & Freese 2010 Baldrige Application (They earned the Baldrige Award for Performance Excellence for the small business category) The application at the below
Concrete home designed to be tornado resistant
Q4 Architects recently unveiled the CORE House, touted as a virtually indestructible tornado-proof home.
Q4 Architects recently unveiled the CORE House, touted as a virtually indestructible tornado-proof home. Designed for communities in Missouri, the structure features a 600 sf concrete core and has spacious daylit rooms wrapped around it. The CORE House recently won first place in the tornado-resistant housing category in the Designing Recovery Competition.
Comments on: "Concrete home designed to be tornado resistant"
More like this
- Buildings in tornado-prone areas should be constructed as sturdily as those built for hurricane resilience, NIST says
- Italian house engineered with quakes, climate change in mind
- Use natural light, earth-friendly materials when designing green home
- Lean and Green Blog: Sustainable products highlights from IBS 2012
- A House Without Right Angles