Since 2006, the North American Deck & Railing Association has annually promoted “Deck Safety Month” each spring.
Concrete home designed to be tornado resistant
Q4 Architects recently unveiled the CORE House, touted as a virtually indestructible tornado-proof home.
Q4 Architects recently unveiled the CORE House, touted as a virtually indestructible tornado-proof home. Designed for communities in Missouri, the structure features a 600 sf concrete core and has spacious daylit rooms wrapped around it. The CORE House recently won first place in the tornado-resistant housing category in the Designing Recovery Competition.
Comments on: "Concrete home designed to be tornado resistant"
More like this
- Buildings in tornado-prone areas should be constructed as sturdily as those built for hurricane resilience, NIST says
- Italian house engineered with quakes, climate change in mind
- Use natural light, earth-friendly materials when designing green home
- Lean and Green Blog: Sustainable products highlights from IBS 2012
- A House Without Right Angles