Todd Hallett, AIA, President of TK Design & Associates, Inc. (tkhomedesign.com) has been designing award winning homes for over 20 years. He spent 15 of those years working for a $50 million production building company. Todd designed all of their homes but also worked in every other aspect of the company including purchasing, development, land acquisition, product development, and operations, and was President of the company for three years. Equipped with his vast building experience and fueled by his love for architecture he left to form an architecture firm that is second to none in working cohesively with Builders. Todd specializes in Lean Design and works, alongside Scott Sedam of TrueNorth Development, in the trenches with builders, suppliers, and trade contractors. His Lean Design blog appears weekly at Housingzone.com. Todd welcomes your feedback at email@example.com or 248.446.1960.
Two great things IBS can do to help your business in 2013
It is clear that a housing recovery ground swell is underway. In 2013 we will be looking past survival and finally able to focus on business growth. That is why IBS 2013 is going to be phenomenal! The country’s best builders are already focusing on Lean as a platform to optimize their profits and maximize the marketability of their homes – here is your chance to do the same. There are two major programs being offered that will help you get started:
1. Improve Your Plans – Professional Builder will be hosting House Review Live again this year in the Show Village. This event was incredibly successful last year as six leading architects from around the country (including yours truly) helped builders of all types improve their plans on the spot. I heard a tremendous amount of positive feedback from that event and look forward to doing it again this year. To take advantage of this opportunity grab a couple of your plans and bring them to review. It is best if the plans are to scale (1/8”=1’-0” works very well) and you have some basic goals to reach. The Architects and Designers will dazzle you with their ability to instantly update and modernize your existing plans. Information will be available soon on how to pre-register for this event and I hope to see you there.
2. Learn to Optimize Profit and Marketability of your Plans – In Orlando at the 2012 IBS Lean guru Scott Sedam and I held a 90 minute session on Lean Design. We had a room that held about 220 people. Not only did all the seats fill up, but about 50 people stood through the entire presentation. Many others did not make it inside as it was just too crowded to hold anyone else. The session was so successful that this year we have been honored to hold a master session. It is one of only three full day courses and is titled “Lean Design: Eliminate Non-Value Waste and Achieve Breakthrough Profits” it will be held on Thursday, January 24th from 8:30am – 4pm. The venue holds approximately 210 people and due to the “hands on” nature of the program there will be no standing room. You can ensure your place at the event by signing up for it now. Here’s how:
When registering for IBS you will be able to sign up for the education sessions. Once you are signed up for education you will have the option to sign up for any of the three Master Sessions. Sign up for "Lean Design: Eliminate Non-Value Waste and Achieve Breakthrough Profits"
1. Go to www.buildersShow.com
2. Click on Register
3. Go to Already registered and type in password and ID or confirmation # and last name
4. Under Registration/Personnel click on “View/Modify”
5. Scroll down to click on the “Pending Purchases” button
6. Click on Master Sessions
7. Select “Lean Design…
Or you can call 800-967-8619.
The fee is $25 and you must have a full registration in order to attend. The seats are filling up already. If you want to bring thousands to your bottom line while making your houses much more attractive and current – you should sign up today.
Comments on: "Two great things IBS can do to help your business in 2013"
More like this
- Great home plans: check out this 2,500-square-foot head turner
- The Lean Design Blog: Two huge things IBS 2012 can do for you
- Value engineering’s role in Lean design – Lean Tuesday with Todd Hallett
- The Lean Builder: Fixing Architecture I
- Attorneys to present March webinar series on construction business profitability