Jonathan Sweet is the editor in chief of Professional Remodeler, an award-winning trade publication for remodelers and home improvement contractors. He started his career covering homes and small businesses at a daily newspaper and has spent more than a decade writing for several construction trade publications including Qualified Remodeler, Construction Pro and Concrete Contractor. +Jonathan Sweet
Five cities poised for home price growth (and five that aren't)
In case you missed it in the news section of HousingZone, Fiserv and Moody's Analytics are predicting home prices will increase in 365 out of 384 metro areas by 2013.
Here are what they're saying will be the top-five and bottom-five performers over the next two years.
- Tacoma, Wash., up 24.9 percent
- Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, Fla., up 18.3 percent
- Seattle, up 10.2 percent
- Tucson, Ariz., up 10.2 percent
- Memphis, Tenn., up 10.0 percent
- Miami, down 21.8 percent
- Las Vegas, down 19.3 percent
- Fort Lauderdale, Fla., down 18.9 percent
- Phoenix, down 15.0 percent
- Bethesda-Rockville-Frederick, Md., down 13.2 percent