This link will take you to the Pence & Freese 2010 Baldrige Application (They earned the Baldrige Award for Performance Excellence for the small business category) The application at the below
Architect sentenced to a year in jail for firefighter's death
Outdoor fireplace hidden inside violated local building codes
Architect Gerhard Becker was sentenced to a year in Los Angeles county jail after pleading no contest to the manslaughter of a firefighter who died while trying to contain a fire in a home the architect had designed for himself. The fire began in one of four fireplaces that had been manufactured for outdoor use but hidden within the house itself—a violation of local building codes. The flames then melted a water pipe that leaked thousands of gallons of water into a ceiling above the heads of firefighters. The ceiling collapsed, crushing a firefighter who died the next day of his injuries.
Comments on: "Architect sentenced to a year in jail for firefighter's death"
More like this
- Regulations could ease firefighters’ fear of roof solar panels
- Fla. city says homeowner’s off-the-grid lifestyle violates codes
- Measuring whole building energy use among big changes in LEED v4
- Use natural light, earth-friendly materials when designing green home
- Families benefiting from Uponor systems in new Habitat for Humanity Eco Village homes